Beep! Beep! Make your own Pyjamarama car
Published on: 04 June 2019 Author: Francesca Wilks
If you love Car, Car, Truck, Jeep as much as we do, this is the perfect craft for you and your family.
Vroom and zoom around with your very own carboard car inspired by the book. If you prefer, you could make your box into a truck, van or even an aeroplane.
We’ve used a small box for ours, but you could use a large box and make it big enough to sit in.
You will need
- A cardboard box
- Sticky tape or glue
- A pen or pencil
- A craft knife, or scissors - something to cut the carboard box. Any cutting must be done by an adult
- Anything you have to hand for decoration, such as paint, pens, coloured paper, stickers and pom-poms
- Paper plates or other circles made of cardboard
What to do
1. Find a carboard box - tissue boxes or cereal boxes work well. Make sure all the flaps are stuck together and the box is sturdy.
2. If you want to put toys or teddies in the car, cut a big square out of the top of the box. Make sure this step is done very carefully by an adult.
If you’re making a car big enough for your child to sit in, make sure the hole is big enough for them to fit through easily.
3. Now it’s time to decorate your car. It can be any colour or pattern you like. Remember to add lights to the front of the car and a number plate to the back.
4. Next you need four circular shapes – these will be your car’s wheels. You could use paper plates, or carefully cut out four circles from a piece of cardboard. Decorate your wheels using pens or pencils and then stick them to the sides of your car.
5. If you’d like, you could use another carboard circle or paper plate to make a steering wheel and stick it inside the car.
6. Beep! Beep! Your car is ready to hit the road - it’s time to vroom away!