#PassThePen booklist: Christmas gift ideas from brilliant BookTrust Represents authors and illustrators 12/11/2020
Find great Christmas gift ideas with our #PassThePen booklist featuring awesome titles ...
#PassThePen unveils pairings taking part in campaign to promote authors and illustrators of colour 12/11/2020
Find out which authors and illustrators will be taking over the Instagram accounts of f...
BookTrust Represents and Waterstones Children's Laureate Cressida Cowell team up to promote authors and illustrators of colour with #PassThePen 05/10/2020
Find out more about the #PassThePen campaign, which will see high-profile authors and i...
#PassThePen is a brand new initiative from Cressida Cowell and BookTrust Represents to promote emerging authors and illustrators of colour working on children's books!
The fifth point on Cressida's Laureate Charter is that 'every child has the right to see themselves reflected in a book' - and so she's working to support new creators.
From 16-20 November, up-and-coming authors and illustrators will take over the Instagram account of famous names to introduce themselves, share their work, and discuss their inspirations.
Among the stars handing over their social media are the likes of Nadiya Hussain, Dermot O'Leary, Greg James and Chris Smith and many more.
In this section
Everything you need to know about the laureateship and the current children's author in the role, Cressida Cowell.
Cressida Cowell is the number one bestselling author-illustrator of the How to Train Your Dragon and The Wizards of Once book series, and the author of the Emily Brown picture books, illustrated by Neal Layton.
Would you like to see Cressida Cowell and the former Waterstones Children's Laureates? If so, why not head along to one of a number of events this year.
Take a look at our League of Laureates: ten star authors and illustrators who have previously held the role.
Find out about everyone who supports the Waterstones Children's Laureate and makes the role possible.
In 2019, we reached a milestone: the 20th anniversary of the Waterstones Children's Laureate. Here's what we did to celebrate!
Celebrating 20 years of the Waterstones Children's Laureate
In 2019, we reached a milestone: the 20th anniversary of the Waterstones Children's Laureateship in the UK.
Laureate news and blogs
Fun activity sheets to try
Draw your dragon, give it a name and then those all-important vital statistics!
Colour in Hiccup and the headband and make your own crown to wear proudly!
Lots of game and activity suggestions to hold a fun How To Train Your Dragon event in y...
Add a splash of colour to Emily Brown and her rabbit - perfect for younger fans of Cres...
Collect lost and endangered words! Can you match these words with their meanings?
Laureate news on Twitter
- We can't believe Cressida is is on Book EIGHT of her How To Train Your Dragon series. You can listen to a chapter a day FREE on YouTube (and you can also catch up). We couldn't think of anything better to do! #ReadingAloud https://t.co/T6yuiBFmM6 8 days ago
- RT @chrisriddell50: Zoom call drawings. https://t.co/WkRoX5Ww7C 12 days ago
- RT @CressidaCowell: Happy Friday, all! I'm reading the whole HttyDragon series from my writing shed and you can access this FREE from my Yo… 22 days ago
- RT @CressidaCowell: Happy Wednesday, everyone! I'm reading the whole HttyDragon series from my writing shed and you can access this FREE fr… 31 days ago
- RT @CressidaCowell: Good morning, and it's a beautiful blue spring-y one! I'm reading the whole HttyDragon series from my writing shed and… 37 days ago