Make a funky Pyjamarama paper chain
Published on: 26 April 2019 Author: Francesca Wilks
Jazz up your Pyjamarama celebrations with a fabulous paper-chain decoration. This simple craft is easy for little ones to join in with and only requires a few materials.
Just follow the easy steps below to make your own Pyjamarama garland.
You will need
- Paper – you could use any kind of paper, even newspaper
- A pen or pencil
- Scissors – make sure any cutting is done by an adult
- Decoration – anything you have to hand, such as glitter, stickers, pompoms, pens, paints, crayons
- Sticky tape
What to do
1. Cut your paper into a long strip.
2. Fold the paper accordion-style to make a series of rectangles. Make the folds as even as possible. The rectangles should be the size you want each pair of pyjamas to be.
3. On the top rectangle, draw the outline of a pair of pyjamas. Make sure the arms go all the way to the edge.
4. Next, carefully cut out this shape, holding the folded paper together. Make sure you don’t cut along the folds!
5. Unfold the chain carefully and you’ll have lots of pairs of pyjamas in a row!
6. Now it’s time to make your pyjamas colourful! Why not go wild and use different decorations for each pair.
7. If you want a really long chain, you can repeat the steps and attach the ends of the two or more chains with sticky tape.
8. Hang up your Pyjamarama paper chain where everyone can admire it!