Sharing stories with your child is a great way to have a moment of closeness, laughing and talking together. It can also help them learn more about the world around them.
Explore the videos below to find out more, and for ideas on how to get started.
How do I get started?
If you’re not feeling confident about reading aloud or sharing books, don’t worry – there’s no right or wrong way to enjoy a story together. But if you’d like some pointers, here are a few to help you out.
- Cuddle up together. You could encourage your child to hold the book themselves and turn the pages, too
- Or, why not take a book out and about with you? Learn about different minibeasts, then see if you can spot them in the park
- Try being one of the characters. You can make silly voices and do the actions - your little one will love it!
- Reading can be done anytime, anywhere. On the bus, at the park – books are great for quick entertainment
- You don't have to read a book cover to cover, you can just dip in and out
- Just have fun! Remember there’s no right or wrong way to share a story – find the way that works for you and your child.