BookTrust Holiday Hero FAQs
- Register to become a BookTrust Holiday Hero here
- We will invite you to a private Facebook Group where we will send you regular fundraising ideas, fun activities and much more, all neatly in one place.
- Set up a SuperKind or JustGiving fundraising page for BookTrust and fundraise whilst having fun.
- Share what you are getting up to on the private Facebook group to celebrate your adventures and inspire other Holiday Heroes across the country.
We are thrilled that you have joined Holiday Heroes and you are thinking of ways you can fundraise for us, thank you for your support in the work that we do. The great thing about fundraising is there are so many different ways to get involved and we appreciate each and every one of our fundraisers, whether you've arranged a garden camp out, completed a park run, or held a bake sale. Let your imagination run wild.
Funds raised through your incredible efforts will go towards BookTrust programmes. You can have a look here to see our extensive range of services we provide. We will ensure your fundraising goes to where it is needed most.
The easiest and most efficient way to collect funds is by using an online fundraising page. You can go here to create your own JustGiving page or here to help your child set up their own Superkind page. After you’re all set up, you can share your new page on your social media, in emails or texts with friends, family and colleagues to raise vital funds. Please get in touch with us at [email protected] if you need any assistance in setting this up.
You are also welcome to collect cash donations by printing out this sponsorship form (see below for how to pay in your offline funds).
1) You can make a donation to your online fundraising page of the amount you have raised offline. You can then edit your fundraising page to include this under ‘offline donations’ so that the total amount you have raised both online and offline is reflected in your total.
2) You can easily pay in your fundraising via our online payment platform.
3) By cheque: You should make these payable to BookTrust. Please mark them clearly with your name and the tittle, ‘Holiday Hero’ on the reverse and send them, along with your money return form and any completed sponsor forms, to:
G8 Battersea Studio
80 Silverthorne Road
Gift Aid is a tax relief allowing UK charities to reclaim an extra 25% in tax on every eligible donation made by a UK taxpayer. That means that The Salvation Army can claim an extra 25p for every £1 you raise, but there are some rules that apply.
If you pay less Income Tax or Capital Gains tax in the current tax year than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all of your donations it is your responsibility to pay any difference.
If the sponsor is connected to the participant, their donations only qualify for Gift Aid if the participant pays the full cost of their involvement in the event so that all sponsorship money raised goes to the charity.
Our fundraisers are incredibly important to us; whether you sign up for an event or register your own fundraising activity, you will be supported every step of the way. As a holiday Hero you will receive our jam-packed fundraising guide full of ideas and inspiration and we also have a dedicated team ready to assist you with anything you may need to make the most out of your summer and your event/s.
We get many requests to promote our fundraisers’ events and their fundraising pages on our social media and it would unfortunately not be possible to share them all.
We also find that a fundraiser's own personal social media posts are much more of an effective way to share their event and encourage support, because it utilises their personal networks and connections in a way that a BookTrust post would not be able to.
If you are under 18, you must ask your parent or guardian to help you register for BookTrust Holiday Heroes. Any questions, ask them to contact us by emailing [email protected]