Help using this site
We are trying to make our website as accessible as we can. We hope that it meets your needs and that you find the information you are looking for.
1. When to login to the BookTrust website
Most users of the BookTrust website do not need to login to the site to be able to view everything that is on offer. The login functionality of the site is there for practitioners who have signed up to one of our programmes. These include:
The reason we ask practitioners who are signed up to these programmes to login is so that we can show them some additional content which is only available for people signed up to the programme. All other content is available to everyone.
If you would like to find out more about how to sign up to the programmes, please visit the pages directly from the links above.
If you would like to be kept up-to-date with all the latest news and information from BookTrust, please sign up to one of our newsletters.
2. Commenting on the BookTrust website
Here at BookTrust, there’s nothing we like more than a good old discussion about books. So, you’ll see that some of our pages have a comments section at the bottom, and we’d love to hear your views. However, this is a family friendly space, and we have some rules to make sure everyone feels at home. All posts will be pre-moderated, which means someone from the BookTrust team will read all comments before publishing them, so please do remember our guidelines before you hit reply.
- Please be nice. We’re a friendly bunch here and we’re discussing people’s views on different books and related topics. Please do not swear or use any racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, disablist language or SHOUT by using capital letters. If you feel angry or annoyed, step away from your screen and take time to consider your response. If you post multiple inappropriate posts, you will be blocked from commenting in the future.
- Please be safe – once comments are published, they will be live for everyone to see and can be indexed by Google and other search engines. So please don’t post any form of personal information which you wouldn’t want to be completely public.
- Please do not self promote your own books. We are not able to review self published books, and similarly if you post about, and link to, your work it will not be published.
- Think about how you can be misunderstood – tone is often difficult to interpret on the screen, so try to be clear when you type.
- We will not tolerate any form of abuse on the BookTrust website: any abusive comments will not be published and you will be blocked from using the site in future.
3. Help with reading and understanding the content of our website
We aim to use plain English language throughout our website and hope that we have made everything easy to read and to understand. If you have any feedback you would like to share with us about reading and understanding the content of our website we would like to hear from you. Please email us at email@example.com
Some pages for the site are in Welsh, where possible they are direct translations of what is stated in English. If you would like to read the Welsh language pages, look out for an orange button on the top right hand corner of the page with the word "Cymraeg" on it. By clicking that you will see the page in Welsh. To get back to the English version, the button at the top will now have the word "English" instead. Click on this and the page will go back to English.
4. Broken links and error messages
We try to ensure that all links on our site are up-to-date. If you do find a broken link or an error message, we would like to hear from you. Please email any broken links to firstname.lastname@example.org