Fun at home for families in Wales
We've got lots of great ideas and fun stuff for you to try from authors, illustrators and storytellers from Wales, as well as lots of information abour fun online sessions in English and Welsh.
What regular activities are happening for children in Wales?
We've made this list to help you plan your day and develop a fun routine. We'll update it regularly so keep checking!
- 6.00 Cyw S4C: Dance with Huw (0-5, Welsh)
- 10.30 Cymraeg i Blant: Join a Welsh rhymetime session with your local Cymraeg i blant officer (0-3, Welsh, suitable for learners)
- 15.00 Huw Aaron: Criw Celf: Fun online illustration session (5+, Welsh)
- 18.00 Cyw S4C: Nos Da Cyw, bedtime story session (0-5, Welsh)
- 18.30 Cymraeg i Blant: Join a bedtime story session with your local group (0-3, Welsh, suitable for learners)
- 10.30 Cardiff Hubs and Libraries: Silly Squad Craft Time (4-11, Welsh)
- 14.30 Cardiff Hubs and Libraries: Silly Squad Craft Time (4-11, English)
- 10.30 Every 2nd Tuesday of the month Cardiff Hubs and Libraries Bookstart Rhyme Time (0-5, English)
- 17.00 Cardiff Hubs and Libraries Chapter Story Time (5-11, English)
- 10.30 Cardiff Hubs and Libraries Story and Rhyme Time (0-5, Welsh)
- 14.00 Cardiff Hubs and Libraries Story and Rhyme Time (0-5, English)
- 10.00 Every last Thursday of the month Cardiff Hubs and Libraries Bilingual Rhyme Time (5-11, Welsh and English
- 17.00 Torfaen Libraries: Rhymetime session with the local team (0-3, bilingual)
- 17.00 Cardiff Hubs and Libraries Chapter Story Time (5-11, Welsh)
Activities for you to explore any time of day:
- Amser Stori Atebol: Enjoy some favourite picture books with Atebol’s storytime sessions (3+, Welsh)
- Firefly Press: Find fun resources linked to the Firefly books (all ages, English)
- Rily publications: Have fun with activities based on Rily’s books (all ages, English)
- Beyond the Border Storytelling Festival: Enjoy traditional stories from Wales and around the world, told by some of Wales’s finest storytellers (all ages, bilingual)
- Swansea Libraries Rhymetime and Storytime sessions (0-3, bilingual)
- The Devil's Violin – A Month of Sundays: A new traditional tale with music, told by Daniel Morden and chosen to reflect our current times (suitable older children and adults, English).
- Carmarthenshire Libraries: Read with Gaynor – Darllen gyda Gaynor (0-7, bilingual).
- Carmarthenshire Libraries:Rhyme Time with Gaynor – Amser Rhigwm gyda Gaynor (0-5, bilingual)