Download the terms and conditions for Bookbuzz 2024.
Download the Bookbuzz 2023 Challenge form and carry out fun activities based on the books.
Author Steve Cole wrote Swarm Rising with astronaut Tim Peake about two teens who end u...
Welcome to Bookbuzz
Helping you to embed a reading for pleasure culture in your school, right from transition
This curated programme of books and resources for secondary schools has been specially developed by BookTrust to encourage young people to get reading.
Bookbuzz gives students the chance to choose and keep a book they’ll love from a collection of 16 titles, newly selected each year by our panel of BookTrust reading experts, practising teachers and school librarians.
Your school will receive all the tools you’ll need to deliver the programme to your Year 7 and 8 students, helping to scaffold their choices and find the book that’s right for them.
- Give every student the chance to choose and own their own book selected from a range of hand-picked fiction and non-fiction
- Includes expert-selected titles that you can rely on for inclusivity and a variety of text complexity and challenge, with dyslexia-friendly options
- Ideal for use in timetabled library time with a bank of resources to help you share the books with students in a fun and engaging way
- A cost-effective solution to your literacy transition needs with additional books for your school library and plenty of print and online support
"Bookbuzz is an amazing way to get students excited about books" - Librarian
How does Bookbuzz work?
Bookbuzz costs just £3.45 per student.
Your comprehensive package of books and resources includes:
- The Bookbuzz launch pack with a full guide to support you in delivering the programme, two copies of each of this year’s 16 Bookbuzz titles, bookmarks and posters to create eye-catching displays in your library or classroom and a range of online resources including videos and downloadable slide decks to structure delivery.
- One Bookbuzz book for every student plus access to the Bookbuzz student zone with plenty of support for students to get inspired – including blogs and videos from featured authors, competitions and quizzes.
The Bookbuzz launch pack
A range of resources to introduce the Bookbuzz books to students and scaffold their choices.
Find out more
Find out how Bookbuzz can get your Year 7 and 8 students excited about reading. All this for just £3.45 per student.
If you have a question about Bookbuzz then check our FAQs
A helpful summary of dates for the coming year to help you run Bookbuzz in your school.
Read the latest blogs
Bookbuzz in my school
We spoke to English teacher, Charlie Hield, about how Bookbuzz has encouraged independent reading for his school's Year 7 and 8 students.