The BookTrust Bookfinder
All the very best children’s books in one place. Simply choose an age range, pick as many themes as you want and search through thousands of carefully selected books, all reviewed by BookTrust.
More great books for children aged 1-2
Hand-picked books you can use to extend families' Toddler pack adventures.
More great books for children aged 3-4
Hand-picked books you can use to extend families' Pre-schooler pack adventures.
More stories, videos and activities
A world of free online books, rhymes, videos and activities you can use with families, including a section for 0-5s.
Why libraries are fantastic for families
We want families to feel confident about sharing stories together and access to books plays a vital part in making that happen. Letting families know how much libraries have to offer - thousands of books, plus a whole lot more - is a great way to help them continue their reading journeys beyond their Bookstart packs.
Here are just some of the brilliant things about libraries that you can share:
- Libraries welcome families with children of all ages
- It's free to join a library and to borrow books - and most don't charge for late returns on children's books
- You don't have to be quiet - libraries are fun, free spaces families can enjoy together
- Children can choose their own books which is great for building their confidence
- There are thousands of books to pick from, perfect for all ages, stages and interests
- Lots of libraries run rhymetime and storytime sessions. Keep an eye out for BookTrust Storytime coming later in the year
- They're great places for children to interact with each other - and for parents and carers to meet up for a chat
If families aren't sure where their nearest library is, you can point them to gov.uk/local-library-services to find out.