Come rain or shine, these wonderful books capture the feelgood fun of sunshine and holidays.
Julia Donaldson, Illustrator: Nick Sharratt
Macmillan Children's books
An ideal book for sharing - babies will love imitating the sounds in the text and pointing out details in the illustrations.
Stella Blackstone Illustrated by Maria Carluccio
- This book takes you on a journey through the year and the seasons.
- Learn about weather, activities and celebrations.
- The story and word lists are great for helping to build your child's vocabulary.
Stella Blackstone, Illustrated by Debbie Harter
- This is an entertaining introduction to the seasons, with bright illustrations
- The rhyme and humour make this book a great success
- Look out for the other Bear books in the series
Lovely story of a boy using his imagination to go on a trip to the seaside
Gillian Shields Illustrated by Georgie Birkett
An introduction for the youngest readers to the different feelings they experience, from sad to funny, angry to sunny, and even lost and small.
Eva Katzler Illustrated by Jess Mikhail
One morning Florentine and Pig decide to cook food for a picnic. But first of all, they need some apples for their apple and carrot muffins.
Atinuke Illustrated by Lauren Tobia
Anna Hibiscus is at the beach with her family. She wants someone to go in the sea and splash in the waves with her but they are all busy doing other things.
HarperCollins Children's Books
- Read about Martha and her little bunny brothers on their splashy, sunny holiday!
- Colourful and detailed illustrations that young children will love to explore.
- Follow Martha as she stays upbeat while trying to entertain her brothers.
- Part of the classic Brambly Hedge series, which also includes Spring, Autumn and Winter.
- Explore incredibly detailed and beautiful illustrations of woodland mice living in trees.
- A gentle story that children will return to again and again.
Mick Inkpen, Choe Inkpen