From the search to find the best women's fiction to the focus on funny children's books, our prizes and awards celebrate the best writing from the UK and beyond.
The prizes and awards we run cover a wide range of genres and themes for both children and adults ranging from a single short story to a whole lifetime's achievement in literature.
BookTrust Prizes and Awards promote books to a wide audience, bringing new books to attention and providing access points for readers to engage with different types of books. Our prizes support writers and illustrators, rewarding them for their endeavours, and celebrate books and writers as an integral part of the UK's arts and culture landscape.
Latest in prizes
- BBC National Short Story Award - shortlisted announced
- Judith Kerr wins BookTrust Lifetime Achievement Award
- Chris Riddell scores first-ever Kate Greenaway Medal hat-trick
- Lisa McInerney wins 2016 Baileys Women's Prize for Fiction
- Jonathan Tel's 'The Human Phonograph' wins 2016's Sunday Times EFG Short Story Award
- Baileys Women's Prize for Fiction 2016 - shortlist
- The Sunday Times EFG Short Story Award - shortlist announced
- Children’s Laureate gets a Gold Blue Peter Badge
You can become a BookTrust Friend for as little as £3 a month and help us ensure that no child misses out on the live-changing benefits of reading
Have you read?
- Most popular
- Most reviewed books