Children's Book Week
Illustration by Al Murphy
Together, we can inspire children everywhere to love reading
Children's Book Week 2016 runs from 31 October to 4 November.
Every year, we are joined by schools, libraries, children and their parents to celebrate books and reading for pleasure during Children's Book Week.
After all, children who love reading do better at school and are happier, healthier and more resilient.
Spread the joy of reading
Join in and celebrate books with us this October and November:
- View our Great Books Guide: stories perfect for even the most reluctant readers
- Check out our resources and lesson plans
- Take part in a fun lesson on storytelling from CBeebies
- Celebrate books with the BBC's Love to Read programme
- Talk to us on social media by using #ChildrensBookWeek
Here is your guide to our favourite children's books from the past year. You can download the full guide as a PDF or find online booklists with books for the following primary school ages: 4-5, 6-7 and 8+.