Win the Waterstones Children's Book Prize 2021 shortlist for your school or library
We're giving schools and nurseries the chance to win one of the three brilliant shortlists in our competition.
Schools and nurseries - if you fancy adding some absolutely brilliant books to your library, we've got just the competition for you!
Our friends at Waterstones have announced the shortlists for the Waterstones Children's Book Prize 2021 - and they're full of spectacular stories, exciting adventures and beautiful moments.
On Thursday 1 July, the winners of each category will be announced along with the overall Waterstones Children's Book of the Year 2021.
But now, we're giving you the chance to win one of the three categories for your school or nursery: Illustrated Books, Books for Younger Readers or Books for Older Readers (you can enter for more than one shortlist, but you'll only be able to win one).
We have TEN bundles to give away for each shortlist, so don't miss out on your chance to grab one! The nominated books are:
- The Blue Giant by Katie Cottle (Pavilion)
- Bear Shaped by Dawn Coulter-Cruttenden (Oxford University Press)
- Where Happiness Begins by Eva Eland (Andersen Press)
- Found You by Devon Holzwarth (Scholastic)
- Freedom, We Sing by Amyra León, illustrated by Molly Mendoza (Flying Eye Books)
- The Grumpy Fairies by Bethan Stevens (The Quarto Group)
Books for Younger Readers
- Orion Lost by Alastair Chisholm (Nosy Crow)
- When Life Gives You Mangoes by Kereen Getten (Pushkin)
- A Clock of Stars: The Shadow Moth by Francesca Gibbons, illustrated by Chris Riddell (HarperCollins)
- A Kind of Spark by Elle McNicoll (Knights of)
- The Super Miraculous Journey of Freddie Yates by Jenny Pearson, illustrated by Rob Biddulph (Usborne)
- Llama Out Loud by Annabelle Sami, illustrated by Allen Fatimaharan (Farshore)
Books for Older Readers
- The Black Flamingo by Dean Atta (Hachette Children's Group)
- Wranglestone by Darren Charlton (Little Tiger Group)
- Boy, Everywhere by A. M. Dassu (Old Barn Books)
- Only Mostly Devastated by Sophie Gonzales (Hachette Children's Group)
- Raybearer by Jordan Ifueko (Bonnier Books UK)
- And the Stars Were Burning Brightly by Danielle Jawando (Simon & Schuster)
To be in with a chance of winning, all you need to do is answer the competition question, let us know which shortlist (or shortlists) you would like to be entered for, and leave your details before the closing date of 11pm on Monday, 28 June - good luck!
Please note: This is a competition for schools and nurseries - individuals are welcome to enter on their behalf, but the prizes will only be sent to school or nursery addresses.
Looking for something fun as a family? Enjoy storytime with our free online books and videos, play games, win prizes, test your knowledge in our book-themed quizzes, or even learn how to draw some of your favourite characters.