Win a bundle of fascinating fact books
The School Library Association's Information Book Awards shortlist is packed full of mindblowing reads on all kinds of interesting topics - here's how you can get your hands on a set...
To celebrate the 10th year of the SLA Information Book Awards, we've got a set of each of the shortlisted books in each age group for you to win!
The shortlist is a stunning collection of information books covering a diverse range of topics across three age groups. Younger readers are encouraged to explore all the complexities of their feelings, discover the secrets of the ocean in a lovely bedtime book, read all about the unsung heroes of the world and enjoy the wonderfully dreamy illustrations and sense of magic that the moon inspires.
Older readers might enjoy exploring the captivating continent of Africa, finding a new favourite word to add to their vocabulary, meeting new and exciting historical heroes and finding inspiration to do something small every day to change the world with a pocket-sized paperback.
For teens, there's a fascinating compendium of black history and its importance; a guide to feminism, tackling a bold series of questions and issues and breaking feminism down 'beyond a statement t-shirt'; and a beautiful love letter to the natural world, full of meticulously detailed drawings offering a glimpse into the diversity of nature whilst also supporting in-depth research into animals and their habitats.
The shortlisted books for each age category are as follows:
Up to 7 years
- All About Feelings, by Felicity Brooks, Frankie Allen and Mar Ferrero
- Goodnight Ocean, by Becky Davies and Carmen Saldaña
- Heroes Who Help Us From Around the World, by Liz Gogerly and Ryan Wheatcroft
- The Usborne Book of the Moon, by Laura Cowan and Diana Toledano
8 to 12 years
- Africa, Amazing Africa, by Atinuke and Mouni Feddag
- Dictionary of Difficult Words, by Jane Solomon and Louise Lockhart
- Heroes, by Jonny Marx and Gerhard van Wyk
- Kids Fight Plastic, by Martin Dorey and Tim Wesson
13 to 16 years
- Black History Matters, by Robin Walker
- Feminism Is..., foreword by Gemma Cairney
- Hidden Planet, by Ben Rothery
For the chance to win one of the above sets, simply answer the question below and leave your details by the closing date of 11pm on Thursday 30 July. Good luck!
Looking for something fun as a family? Enjoy storytime with our free online books and videos, play games, win prizes, test your knowledge in our book-themed quizzes, or even learn how to draw some of your favourite characters.