Win 50 books for your school with While We Can't Hug
We're celebrating Eoin McLaughlin and Polly Dunbar's adorable new book about social distancing.
In these strange times, books can really help children to make sense of the world - books like the gorgeous While We Can't Hug from Eoin McLaughlin and Polly Dunbar.
The pair have collaborated on a sequel to The Hug, which followed Hedgehog and Tortoise as they tried to find their perfect cuddle partner!
Now, in While We Can't Hug, the duo know they can't get too close, but soon find other ways to show their love for each other.
It's a really sweet book which shows how we can all connect, even when we can't physically touch.
To celebrate While We Can't Hug, we're delighted to team up with Faber to offer you the chance to win 50 books for your school!
To enter, we'd love you to share photos or videos which show how you've been enjoying each other's company while distancing - just like Hedgehog and Tortoise.
Tweet your entries to @BookTrust and @FaberChildrens, making sure you include the hashtag #WhileWeCantHug, by the closing date of 25 July. We can't wait to see the entries!
Terms and conditions
1. Participants must be at least 18 years old to enter.
2. To enter the competition, you must be a resident of England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.
3. The competition is not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of BookTrust or Faber.
4. Only one entry per person.
5. Entries must be submitted by midnight on Thursday, 25 July 2020.
6. To enter, participants must post a photograph or video showing themselves enjoying each other's company while social distancing on Twitter, tagging in @BookTrust and @FaberChildrens and using the hashtag #WhileWeCantHug.
7. You must stick to the government guidelines surrounding social distancing while creating your photographs or video.
8. By posting a photograph or video, you are asserting that everyone featured has given their permission to be included and entered into the competition, or a parent, carer or guardian has given their permission when the participants are under 18. You are also asserting that you own the copyright to the photograph or video.
9. There will be one winner selected by a panel of judges from all eligible entries.
10. If a chosen winner does not respond to correspondence within one week, a new winner will be selected.
11. This is a prize for a school. Individuals may enter on behalf of a school, but upon being notified of their win, they must provide a named contact at a school address to whom the prize will be sent.
12. Our decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The prize will not be transferable to another person.
14. No part of the prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
15. The prize is run by BookTrust of G8 Battersea Studios, 80 Silverthorne Road, Battersea, London SW8 3HE. However, the prize will be sent out by a third party and by entering you acknowledge that your details will be passed on to them, solely for the purposes of administering this competition.
16. Prizes will be sent out to winners by post. However, BookTrust cannot be held responsible for any prizes lost, damaged or stolen after they have been sent.
17. Where a third party is supplying a prize, BookTrust accepts no responsibility for inaccuracy of any prize description, and the third party is responsible for prize fulfilment.
18. Due to the coronavirus situation, there may be a delay before a chosen winner receives their prize.
19. By entering you are agreeing to the terms and conditions in our privacy statement.
20. BookTrust reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
Looking for something fun as a family? Enjoy storytime with our free online books and videos, play games, win prizes, test your knowledge in our book-themed quizzes, or even learn how to draw some of your favourite characters.