Practitioner login area
Problem logging in?
Work with children and signed up to one of our programmes? Email us if you're having trouble logging in.
Not signed up to our programmes yet? Find out what we can offer you.
Want to get hold of the year's very best books for children? Here's your chance to win six brilliant shortlisted books.
Spread across two categories – Best Story and Best Book with Facts – are six books that our judges think are absolutely incredible for children aged 7-12.
The complete shortlist includes:
More about the Blue Peter Book Awards
We are giving away THREE complete sets, so enter the competition below to win one!
1. Participants must be at least 18 years old to enter.
2. To enter the competition, you must be a resident of England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.
3. The competition is not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of BookTrust.
4. Only one entry per person.
5. Entries must be submitted by 11pm on Friday, 1 March 2019.
6. There will be three winners selected at random (from all eligible entries).
7. If a chosen winner does not respond to correspondence within one week, a new winner will be selected.
8. Our decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. The prize will not be transferable to another person.
10. No part of the prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
11. The prize is run by BookTrust of G8 Battersea Studios, 80 Silverthorne Road, Battersea, London SW8 3HE. However, the prize will be sent out by a third party and by entering you acknowledge that your details will be passed on to them solely for the purposes of administering this competition.
12. By entering you are agreeing to the terms and conditions in our privacy statement.
13. BookTrust reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
Since 2000, the enormously popular and influential Blue Peter Book Awards have been recognising and celebrating the best authors, the most creative illustrators and the greatest reads for children.
See who's up for the prize in 2019