Get Dads Reading: in pictures
Yesterday we urged all dads to pick up a book and take part in Get Dads Reading Hour between 6pm and 7pm after a recent Book Trust poll showed that 75% of dads admitted lacking confidence when reading to their child.
Many dads took part in the Get Dads Reading Hour, and lots of you got involved via social media to tell us what you'd be reading to your child and what your favourite bedtime story was when you were younger.
Also, to celebrate the event, the Storytelling Express train service treated commuters to a bedtime story on their way from Leeds to Nottingham. Children's book illustrator and author Catherine Vase was on-hand to narrate a classic Winnie the Pooh story to all on-board.
View our gallery and see images of the Storytelling Express, Get Dads Reading workshops and dads reading with their children at home.
- They work for you: keeping tabs on the UK parliament and assemblies
Debate on the Address: Telephone Calls to the DWP...--digital empowerment--as being vital, not just in the claiming of benefits, but in applying for work, and, of course, when...
Scottish Parliament: Engagements...that they provide to teachers. Education Scotland has published clear advice for teachers on what they should and should not...
Did you know?
- 54% of students (aged 11-13) said they enjoyed reading more because of Bookbuzz.
You can become a BookTrust Friend for as little as £3 a month and help us ensure that no child misses out on the life-changing benefits of reading
Have you read?
- Most popular
- Most reviewed books
- 1 Best new books: See the latest reads for children
- 2 Bookfinder: Find your next adventure
- 3 Writer in Residence: Check out the blog series from our amazing Writer in Residence
- 4 Competitions: Win free books and plenty more
- 5 Blogs: Read our latest blogs from top authors
- 6 Prizes: Call outs, short lists and winners
- 7 Programmes: Check out BookTrust's free books programmes
- 8 BookTrust news: Find out the latest news