Get Dads Reading: in pictures
Yesterday we urged all dads to pick up a book and take part in Get Dads Reading Hour between 6pm and 7pm after a recent Book Trust poll showed that 75% of dads admitted lacking confidence when reading to their child.
Many dads took part in the Get Dads Reading Hour, and lots of you got involved via social media to tell us what you'd be reading to your child and what your favourite bedtime story was when you were younger.
Also, to celebrate the event, the Storytelling Express train service treated commuters to a bedtime story on their way from Leeds to Nottingham. Children's book illustrator and author Catherine Vase was on-hand to narrate a classic Winnie the Pooh story to all on-board.
View our gallery and see images of the Storytelling Express, Get Dads Reading workshops and dads reading with their children at home.
- They work for you: keeping tabs on the UK parliament and assemblies
Written Answers — Home Office: *No heading*...key enabler to successful integration. On this basis the Government provides funding for and supports English for Speakers of Other...
Written Answers — Department for Education: *No heading*Her Majesty's Government what provision is made in the National Curriculum for England for pupils to be taught basic financial...
Did you know?
- 3.2 million books were gifted to children in 2016-17.
You can become a BookTrust Friend for as little as £3 a month and help us ensure that no child misses out on the life-changing benefits of reading
Have you read?
- Most popular
- Most reviewed books
- 1 Best new books: See the latest reads for children
- 2 Bookfinder: Find your next adventure
- 3 Writer in Residence: Check out the blog series from our amazing Writer in Residence
- 4 Competitions: Win free books and plenty more
- 5 Blogs: Read our latest blogs from top authors
- 6 Prizes: Call outs, short lists and winners
- 7 Programmes: Check out BookTrust's free books programmes
- 8 BookTrust news: Find out the latest news